2016 has been a year of major success at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum. This success has included:The acclaimed “Marque of Excellence” Exhibit featuring an assortment of BMW and Porsche sports cars, race cars and motorcycles – a veritable “who’s who” of German performance and motorsports lore, with each car presented laying claim to a unique milestone or accolade in performance motoring. This exhibit runs through April 2017.
- Continuation of the exhibition of “America’s Oldest Car Collection”- the Anderson Cars Collection
- A collaboration with Anderson House in D.C. for the Isabel Anderson Exhibit
- Twenty-three Lawn Events with over 5,000 cars on display
- Five Saturday morning “Cars and Coffee” gatherings
- Continuation of the “Free Fun Friday” events, the Internship Program and Group Tour Programs
- The email publication of The Museum Gazette newsletter
- Over 30,000 visitors to the Museum
- The “Community History Series” which was created to start a community- wide conversation about history in our area, the topics range from architecture, textiles, American history in Brookline, and of course, the Andersons themselves.
- The Third Annual MotoTour for Museum Members on a beautiful fall day ending with a barbeque at the Museum
- To build on the 2016 successes and to pave the way for 2017 we need your support. Director, Sheldon Steele, and his staff of four have delivered in the listed =operational areas. Your financial support is now needed to enable this work to continue. A particular financial shortfall has been experienced this year in the drop in corporate and private function sponsorships. The only way we can make up this drop in revenue is through your response to our Annual Financial Appeal Campaign.
You can play a key role in the Museum’s operations and in the preservation of “America’s Oldest Car Collection” by making a donation now. Your tax-exempt charitable gift is important and can make a real difference in sustaining our Museum as a leading unique cultural and educational institution.
Unlike many cultural institutions, the Museum does not have an endowment which can be used to support a portion of current activities. While an effort has begun this year to develop such an endowment through the creation of the Anderson Society (much more information about this effort will be forthcoming) current expenses necessitate receiving your current donations.
This is our Museum and it deserves our support. Please join me and make as generous a donation as you can. And, when you do, let us know what you would like to see at our Museum in 2017 and beyond.
Thank you in advance and all best wishes,
President, Board of Trustees
P.S. Please make your gift today. You can donate by mail or online using the button above. We greatly appreciate your ongoing support! Your generosity is an investment in the Larz Anderson Auto Museum and the communities we serve and educate.
If you would like to donate using PayPal use the yellow button below