t the Larz Anderson Auto Museum we are always looking for the help and support of volunteers for various projects and duties throughout the Museum. If you love cars as much as we do, we want your help!
Our volunteer positions are flexible and can fit into your schedule. We need the most help during our Lawn Event season, which runs May-October. All we ask is that you volunteer at least six hours a month for one calendar year. New volunteers are asked to attend an orientation at the beginning of our Lawn Event season in May. Additional training may be needed for other volunteer assignments.
An internship at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum is a great learning experience for students during the fall, spring and summer semesters. The internship must be directly related to the academic curriculum or the interests of the intern. All internships are supervised by the Museum staff and interns are encouraged to use their internship at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum for school credit.
View our available internship positions here.
Contact our Education Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering or interning at the Museum!
LAAM Racemaker Docents will serve a unique purpose: to enhance the visitor’s experience to the Larz Anderson Auto Museum. The Racemaker Docents are specialized volunteers who serve as stewards and representatives of the Museum. Docents will assist with:
• Museum Interpretation
• Educational Programs
• Serving as Museum Greeters
• Evening Events
• Lawn Events
• Are mature, vibrant, intelligent, and personable individuals.
• Have experience as a docent and/or experience as an educator, a tour guide, or other museum or interpretative work or volunteer experience
• Have an interest in, or a willingness to learn about automobiles and automotive history, the Larz Anderson Auto Museum, the Andersons and/or the Brookline community
• Have experience working with people of diverse backgrounds, including international visitors, and a wide range of age groups, including K-12 school programs and senior programs
• Must be able to make a 4-month or longer commitment- minimum 4 hours/week
How to Apply
Please send your resume and letter of interest to:
Larz Anderson Auto Museum
15 Newton St., Brookline, MA 02245
Any additional questions: please contact the Education Department at 617.522.6547 x21 or by email at email@example.com.