In accordance with the Town of Brookline’s Department of Public Health, vaccination mandates are in place for all indoor public facing organizations including the Larz Anderson Auto Museum effective January 15, 2022. A covered entity shall not permit any patron over the age of 12 to enter the premises without displaying proof of vaccination.
Proof of vaccination means:
• A CDC COVID-19 vaccination card
• A digital image of a CDC card
• Any other official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered
• A digital or physical photo of such a card or record, reflecting the person’s name, vaccine brand and date administered
• A letter, digital image, or report from a health care provider, pharmacy or vaccination site established proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Any vaccination verification smartphone application developed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or endorsed by the Town.
Brookline's Indoor Mask Mandate continues to remain in effect.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2, 2022, THE MUSEUM WILL BE OPEN
10 AM - 3PM, WEDNESDAY - SUNDAY.
Just ten minutes from downtown Boston and nestled inside the 64 beautiful acres of Larz Anderson Park, the Museum is home to “America’s Oldest Car Collection”. These automobiles form the Museum’s permanent collection and are housed within the Carriage House, built in 1888 and designed by the city architect of Boston, Edmund M. Wheelwright, who was also responsible for several notable Boston structures like the Boston Public Library.
The Larz Anderson Auto Museum also offers enjoyable and informative tours, with varied and in-depth discussions on the automobile and its impact on society. Aside from the tour, we offer different educational programs that range from kindergarten to high school and cover a variety of topics from early transportation to automotive design. Each tour offers hands on artifacts and real life observational tools. Visit the Larz Anderson Auto Museum for a day of exploration and fun that will create lasting memories for you and your group that is guaranteed to stay with you long after you leave. For more information on tours and programming, visit our education page.
The Larz Anderson Auto Museum is home to "America’s Oldest Car Collection". For more than eighty-five years the Larz Anderson Auto Museum has been supporting the community through a variety of educational programs, exhibits, and lectures.
Today the Museum's primary goal is its continued support of the community through educational outreach and the preservation of our permanent collection of early automobiles. The Larz Anderson Auto Museum hopes to serve as a resource for your automotive and cultural interests.